This page describes the permissions Watchdog needs.
- Internet: Needed by Flurry Analytics. This is disabled in the setting menu if desired. This helps me track version usage and other features anonymously to see how the app is uses.
- Phone Calls(phone state and identity): This is to ensure that the auto kill doesn't occur when you are on the phone. It caused issues on certain HTC devices.
- System tools(prevent phone from sleeping): This is only used while the app is collecting data for about 1/2 a second. This is to ensure validity of the results.
- Kill background processes: The kill feature needs this.
- Start on boot: To enable monitoring on bootup if configured in settings.
- Internet: Used for Flurry as in paid, as well as to serve the ads that support the Free version.
- System tools(prevent phone from sleeping), Start on boot, Kill background processes: Same as paid version